- Discusses the cutting edge of optimization
- 25% of all scientific programming is spent on linear programming problems
- metamaterial design
- Describes the value of the travelling salesman problem and how they can take two local optima and make the move the next local optima (using non-quantum systems. Just
- Cracking or making a dent on travelling salesman problems means progress on all NP-complete problems.
- Band gap optimization
- photonic materials and crystalline structures
- circuit design
- improve drugs and manufacturing
This relates to the kinds of discrete optimization problems that could be revolutionized by Dwave Systems adiabatic computer.
Proposed photonic materials that we cannot currently make. Might need molecular nanotech
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks