Two-year-old Emma was born with a rare disease called arthrogryposis that makes it so she can’t raise her arms without assistance. Through the use of 3D printing, a Delaware hospital created a mobile plastic exoskeleton that now allows Emma to use her arms for many things.
3D printing ensures that a new exoskeleton can be created if Emma breaks or outgrows it. Emma is now on her second 3D-printed jacket and calls the device her “magic arms.”
The video was created by 3D printing business Stratasys, which recently merged with Objet in a $1.4 billion deal. A Stratasys 3D printer was used to create Emma’s jacket.
Objet - the only 3D printing technology with 107 materials!
The NEW Objet30 Pro Desktop 3D Printer
The Objet30 Pro is a 3D printer that combines the accuracy and versatility of a high-end rapid prototyping machine with the small footprint of a regular desktop printer. The Objet30 Pro provides a number of unique capabilities in one machine: the industry’s highest level print resolution and 7 different 3D printing materials.
In fact, the Objet30 Pro is the world’s only desktop 3D printer capable of printing in clear transparent material, high-temperature resistant material and polypropylene-like material.
Combine these with Objet’s obsession with reliability and ease of use and you get a world-class 3D printer for every prototyping capability that you could need, in-house.
1. Windscreen, Headlamps & Base – in Objet Transparent Material (Objet VeroClear) for fit and form testing of transparent parts & PMMA simulation
2. Engine & Radiator – in Objet High Temperature Material for advanced functional testing, hot air & water flow, static applications & exhibition modeling
3. Bodywork – in Objet Rigid Gray Material (Objet VeroGray) ideal for fine detail emphasis and superior dimensional stability
4. Chassis & Wheels – in Objet Rigid Black Material (Objet VeroBlack)
5. Seats – in Objet Rigid Blue Material (Objet VeroBlue) ideal for fine detail emphasis & photography
6. Hubcaps – in Objet Rigid White Material (Objet VeroWhitePlus) for multi-purpose applications
7. Axels & Crankshaft – in Objet Polypropylene-like Material (Objet DurusWhite) for Polypropylene like snap fits applications
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks