There is a big shift from coal to natural gas power in the USA because of fracking and cheap natural gas.
Niger’s uranium production was expected to double to around 9,000 tonnes a year (2015) from around 4,000 tonnes currently, thanks to the construction of a new mine, Imouraren, which is expected to come on line in 2014.
Also, some unusual energy statistics
* Deaths by Energy Source
* Air pollution by location and location of coal plants
There is a trend towards improvement in air quality in Chinese cities.
- They are updating boilers and using low sulfur coal.
- They are moving industry away from major cities
- They are setting up coal free regions in cities
- They have set up construction site dust control
- They are improving and increasing emission standards for power plants and vehicles.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks