They are also looking at a research institute that they would fund with $200-300 million per year.
Korean government has approved a plan for commercializing graphene technologies, including;
1) graphene-based touch panels
2) organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs)
3) electro-chromic smart windows
4) secondary batteries for electronic vehicles
5) high-voltage high-power supercapacitors
6) ultra-light and strong composites
7) high-performance gas barrier films,
8) electro-magnetic interference shielding, and
9) environmentally friendly anti-oxidation steel plates.
These items have been carefully selected considering economic efficiency and technological feasibility. In addition, Korea is also planning a “Korean Graphene Hub” project that is focusing on the fundamental sciences of graphene and related 2D materials, separately.
$200 million budget for 6 years. (Part private and part government money)
Europe is currently in a pilot project for graphene which could become a 1 billion euro over ten year flagship project.
40 page presentation (looking at major revenue in the 2019-2025 timeframe)
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks