The Atsa Suborbital Observatory (11 pages)
* Atsa Telescope diameter is 14 in, length is 31 in.
* The telescope and focal plane components are all commercially available.
– Custom fabricated parts include
• Interface between the telescope and the camera
• Mounting system (gimbals, bracket, etc.)
• Drive system/Control interface (potentially a hull passthrough)
– Commercially available Silver 220 SWIR infrared camera at the focal plane (a FLIR Thermovision SC4000 is also possible)
• Accomodates a filter wheel
• Sensitive to the spectral range of 0.82.5 μm
• Quantum efficiency over 70%.
Above telluric water in the Earth’s atmosphere
– allowing access to the complete IR spectrum of an object
Inexpensive spaceborne telescope can observe inside the solar exclusion angles of robotic orbital telescopes
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks