* Citizens with Medicaid are 30 percent more likely to have a hospital stay
* 35 percent more likely to have an outpatient visit to a doctor
* 15 percent more likely to take prescription drugs, compared to similar low-income citizens not enrolled in the program.
* People enrolled in Medicaid also see improvements in their finances
* They are 35 percent less likely to experience out-of-pocket medical expenses
* see a 25 percent decline in unpaid medical bills sent to collection agencies
* The program also reduces the number of unpaid bills owed to health care providers.
The Oregon Health Insurance Experiment: Evidence from the First Year
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks