1. Computerworld - Google will be pushing out changes to Google Plus this week.
* expect Google to tackle issues related to Google+ invites
* improved management of notifications
* and perhaps having circles within circles
2. Facebook has split its MySQL database into 4,000 shards in order to handle the site’s massive data volume, and is running 9,000 instances of memcached in order to keep up with the number of transactions the database must serve.
MySQL at Facebook discusses the issues and work that Facebook is doing to scale MySQL.
NewSQL has been pushed as a solution to database scaling.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks