DONG, Yujie of the Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology (INET), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Presented at the
Interregional Workshop on Advanced Nuclear Reactor Technology for Near Term Deployment in Vienna, Austria on 4-8 July 2011
The cost issue is one of the focus in the project.
The conclusion which was accepted is: with partial support of the capital cost and 100% of the R and D cost from government, the HTR-PM demonstration plant will achieve the specific capital cost and generation costs similar to the current PWR in the Chinese market.
* Steam generators
* Graphite reactor internals
* Carbon reactor internals
* Metallic reactor internals
* Helium blowers
Over 90% of components in price has been ordered
The way to cost effective HTR-PM plants
* Adopt multiple NSSS modules and one turbine generator for one plant to achieve large capacity;
* Reduce the costs of RPVs and reactor internals through mass production;
* Share auxiliary systems in one plant;
* Reduce the workload of design and engineering management;
* Shorten construction schedule.
The Next Step
* A 600 MWe Multi-Module HTR-PM Super- critical Steam Turbine Plant, (6 250 MWt
HTR-PM module+ 1 660 MWe steam turbine)
* standardize the reactor module,
* is inherently safe and competitive,
* and usable for co-generation.
* HTR-PM possesses inherent safety, broad application, not only electricity, but also non-electricity
* The HTR-PM demonstration plant project is on the track as planned.
* However challenges still exist: 1st of its kind components, verification tests, fuel element, risk management……
* We will keep on our unremitting effort to achieve the commercialization of HTR-PM.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks