* Slashes power with each core consuming less than 0.5 watts
* High performance 64-bit processors with 36, 64 or 100 cores at 1.5 G
The TILE-Gx 3000 series processors target scale-out datacenters running throughput-oriented applications including:
* Web applications, which need high throughput processing and low latency.
* Database applications like NoSQL and in-memory databases, which require high-memory throughput and storage.
* Data mining applications like Hadoop that rely on high disk throughput and data processing.
* Video transcoding, which necessitates throughput processing.
The TILE-Gx 3000 series was developed using the 40 nanometer TSMC fabrication process. Each core features a powerful three-issue, 64-bit ALU with an advanced virtual memory system. Each core includes 32 kilobytes (kB) of L1 I-cache, 32 kB of L1 D-cache and 256 kB L2 cache, with up to 32 megabytes L3 coherent cache across the device. Processor utilization is optimized using advanced memory stripping that utilizes up to 4 integrated 72-bit DDR3 memory controllers that support up to one terabyte (TB) total capacity. The TILE-Gx 3000 series integrates smart NIC hardware for preprocessing, load balancing, and buffer management of incoming traffic.
General Purpose Software:
The TILE-Gx 3000 family was designed to handle all of the most common 64-bit cloud applications. The TILE architecture is supported with the latest Linux release (2.6.36) enabling users to get their Linux-based applications up and running easily.
* CentOS compatible with support for 2,000+ standard RPM packages
* Standard tool chain including Gcc, G++ , Gdb, Gprof, OProfile, perf event, Mudflap, Eclipse
* Full support of standard languages including ANSI C/C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python
* Advanced programming frameworks including Erlang, TBB, open MP
* Standard management protocols including IPMI 2.0, SNMP, Syslog, Telnet, SSH, TFTP, FTP, SCP
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks