1748: French aircraft have destroyed four Libyan tanks in air strikes to the south-west of Benghazi, Al-Jazeera television has reported.
* the first shots have been fired in Libya by French military jets enforcing the no-fly zone voted for by the UN
* French aircraft are preventing forces loyal to Libyan leader Col Gaddafi from attacking the rebel-held city of Benghazi, French President Nicolas Sarkozy says after a meeting of world leaders in Paris
* French aircraft also flew over "all Libyan territory" on reconnaissance missions, according to French military sources
* Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte tells journalists he believed British, French and Canadian aircraft would launch the first airstrikes, a BBC correspondent reports
* Earlier, Pro-Gaddafi forces launched an assault on Benghazi, a BBC journalist witnessed. A jet appears to have been shot down over the city
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks