Apple originally planned to start mass production in January, but because the device's firmware is currently still in testing, Apple has been postponing the schedule. Since Foxconn's new plants in Chengdu are still in pilot production, iPad 2 will be mainly supplied by its Shenzhen plants, while the company's upstream component partners have all been notified of the shipments schedule.
The rumors are that the iPad 2 will have feature cameras on the front and rear and the new model would be slimmer, lighter and have a better resolution display.
Other iPad 2 rumors
* TechCrunch: A new iPad will go on sale starting at $499.
* Slashgear: A carbon-fiber frame will encase the internal components.
* Boy Genius Report: The iPad 2 could be a tad slimmer than the original. Drawing inspiration from the iPhone, Apple is also expected to pack the iPad 2 with features like the high-resolution Retina Display and a multi-axis gyroscope, as well as dual cameras for FaceTime video chat support.
* MacStories: Largan Precision will provide the camera lenses.
* MacRumors: The device will also include a USB connector.
For the third quarter, Apple announced it had sold 4.19 million iPads with combined sales for the first nine months in 2010 reaching 7.5 million units. As Apple will start selling iPad in South Korea and Latin America in the fourth quarter, as well as strong demand from the year-end holidays, sales for the quarter are expected to surpass seven million units.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on ycombinator or StumbleUpon. Thanks
Ocean Floor Gold and Copper
Ocean Floor Mining Company