Ad Support : Nano Technology Netbook Technology News Computer Software
Codenamed Gingerbread, Android 3.0 is expected to ship in mid-October and will be aimed at high-end devices. More specifically it seems that Android 3.0 will only run on devices with at least a 1GHz processor, 512MB of memory and a 3.5-inch or larger display
* Android 3.0 will have a better copy and paste feature
* WebM,an open multimedia format, will be supported
* Google Music, a possible future competitor to Apple's iTunes could be included
* A new 3D interface is expected
Android Tablets and Smartphones
Boy Genius Report has information on the Verizon 2010-2011 roadmap
* Motorola DROID Pro is expected to have 1.3GHz CPU, 4″ screen and global roaming capabilities. Estimated launch of November 2010
* a global Android device from both Samsung and HTC
* Samsung is working on a 7″ screen Android tablet with front-facing camera.
* Motorola is working on a tablet with a 10″ screen, either 1GHz or 1.3GHz CPU, front-facing camera, and Android 3.0. It is expected Feb 2011
* Verizon Wireless should have at least 75% of the country covered in LTE coverage by April 2012
* There will be a Novatel LTE MiFi device available in January or February that will apparently support up to 10 simultaneous Wi-Fi users.
* LTE data pricing will stick at $59.99/month
HTC Glacier is the new name for the HTC Emerald
Benchmark tests from T-Mobile in Washington show the HTC Glacier as being three times faster than the HTC Evo 4G.
There are rumors of 2 GHz processors (possible dual core) for smartphones.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on Reddit, or StumbleUpon. Thanks
How to Make Money