There is a review of the military applications of high temperature superconductors.
* superconducting power cables reduce weight, reduce volume, save energy and lower operating costs
* Superconducting generators are being evaluated for onboard utility service
* Improved efficiency, smaller and lighter than conventional generators, eliminates and thermal cycling
* Currently finishing risk reduction technology development tasks, and subscale work
* 49,000 horsepower motor was tested for a large U.S. Navy combatant ship, reduced ship weight by nearly 200 metric tons, and will save close to $1 million annually on fuel
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on Reddit, or StumbleUpon. Thanks
How to Make Money