What looks possible by 2020 if the research from five different research groups can be combined ?
Here is the five things to combine -
1. Montreal researchers have created computer controlled bacteria to make nanopyramids.
Magnetic nanoparticles under computer control - determine how the cilia operate.
2. Other researchers have placed 3 micron X 3 micron by half a micron chips inside living cells and
3. in the same article as number 2 other researchers have used magnetized nanoparticles to control cells and hold them in desired positions and shapes
4. From the exclusive nextbigufuture interview with an executive from Tilera, a company that makes One hundred core CPUs that use 7 times less energy for the same processing power as Intel chips.
Tilera forecast making 3D cube chips with 1000 cores by 2020.
5. Memristor-CMOS hybrid chips are close - probably first one commercial within 3 years.
FPGA like processes can make memristor-CMOS chips.
Memristor nanowires scale down to 5 nanometer feature size.
Each memristor can do the work of 10 transistors
Therefore the 2020 possibility combining the above - 5 nanometer feature size, 20 layer chips with only half micron thickness.
300 by 300 by 20 layers of memristors would be equal to about 2 million memristors with a performance of 20 million transistors implantable into a
living cell. If the living cells have flagella they would have with computer controlled movement.
Caltech makes sound bullets using metamaterial lenses, could blast cancer tumors, submarines or underground caves or say bunkers in Iran
Biotime reversed the aging of human cells - restores telomeres to embryonic state. Aging REVERSED in human cells.
If you liked this article, please give it a quick review on Reddit, or StumbleUpon. Thanks