The Skiff Reader, the first e-reader to integrate the upcoming Skiff Service, is a state-of-the-art device that is simple and easy-to-use.
It features the largest and highest-resolution electronic-paper display yet unveiled in a consumer device, at 11.5" in size (measured diagonally) and a resolution of 1200 x 1600 pixels (UXGA). Skiff has signed a multi-year agreement with Sprint (NYSE:S) to provide 3G connectivity for Skiff’s dedicated e-reading devices in the United States. Plans are underway to have the Skiff Reader available for purchase later this year in more than 1,000 Sprint retail locations across the U.S., as well as online at www.sprint.com. Availability, pricing, additional distribution channels and other details will be disclosed at a later date. the Skiff Reader will also support wireless connectivity via Wi-Fi.
* Largest e-paper display › More viewing area for a richer reading experience.
* Thinnest e-reading device › Remarkably sleek. Easy to hold, use and carry.
* Most durable e-reader › First-of-its-kind metal-foil display (eliminating the fragility of glass). A magnesium housing. An incredibly sturdy device.
* Highest display resolution › Four times as many pixels as most e-book readers, for more immersive reading.
* Full touch screen › For intuitive content selection and navigation. Instant page turns with the swipe of a finger.
* Extraordinary battery life › Read for a week between charges
2. Amazon has introduced Kindle DX with Global Wireless – a new version of the 9.7-inch wireless reading device now with the convenience of wireless content delivery in over 100 countries. The new Kindle DX with Global Wireless has a large 9.7-inch electronic paper display, auto-rotate capability and storage for up to 3,500 books. Kindle DX with Global Wireless is available for pre-order starting today for $489 at www.amazon.com/kindledx and ships January 19.