March 19, 2009
Flight Tests for Terrafugia Flying Car
On March 5th, 2009 the Terrafugia Transition achieved first flight at Plattsburgh International Airport.
Soon people can stop complaining that there is no flying car so the future we have is inferior to what was promised, but instead just complain that they cannot afford the future.
* The Transition® is only 6'9" tall and 80" wide with wings folded.
* The Transition® offers true door-to-door transportation for pilots.
* The Transition® uses high-octane unleaded [Premium unleaded] auto gas.
* The Transition® has front wheel drive on the road.
* Become a Sport Pilot in as little as 20 hours of flight time in a Transition®-specific course. For existing pilots, get comfortable quickly with the familiarization training included with every Transition® delivery.
* You can order today: Place your fully refundable $10,000 airframe reservation deposit here. Anticipated purchase price: $194,000.
* It's a Plane... That Drives
Terrafugia Transition specs
Cruise: 100 kts (115 mph)
Rotate: 70 kts (80 mph)
Stall: 45 kts (51 mph)
Range: 400nm (460 mi)
Takeoff over 50' obstacle: 1700' Fuel burn: 5 gph
Fuel tank: 20 gallons
Useful Load: 430 lbs
On road: 30 mpg, highway speeds
Light Sport Aircraft (LSA)