Another summary of the benefits of Thorium nuclear reactors. This from the Uranium information center in Australia
Some of the listed benefits:
- Thorium is much more abundant in nature than uranium.
- Thorium can also be used as a nuclear fuel through breeding to uranium-233 (U-233).
- When this thorium fuel cycle is used, much less plutonium and other transuranic elements are produced, compared with uranium fuel cycles.
- Several reactor concepts based on thorium fuel cycles are under consideration.
- 100% of mined Thorium can be used without enrichment
The australian site has a lot of other useful articles on nuclear power